The WG intends to work on governance arrangements and practices related to urban development in the Global South. This includes a variety of issues, including, but not limited to:
(I) Governance perspectives.
– city (and place) making as an expression of complexity with specific demands to urban governance;
– new governance forms and arrangements at the local/community level, possible
governance gaps between norms and practices;
– urbanization governance, i. e. of rapidly urbanising areas, cultures and political economies;
– new governance beyond the city of developing countries;
(II) Policy perspectives.
– urban policies to foster equity;
– the influence of urban research to policy development.
For further information please contact Alexander Jachnow and Luisa Moretto.